The logistics industry is bustling with a lot of activity as the need for material movement is increasing day-by-day. However, the efficiency of the industry is still in question due to various factors like manual error, issues in fleet management, and so on. Yes, we could see some traditional players utilizing various software to nullify various issues. However, the real need is standalone software like Uber for shipping that helps in resolving various issues – Freight matching, Fleet management, and many more. In this article, we highlight the benefits of developing an Uber for shipping, how to develop, and so on.
Benefits of developing an Uber for Shipping
To this point, the industry has been a carrier-friendly until the arrival of Uber for Freight, which opened up a specialized platform to shippers. As a freight startup, you have to partner with the shippers to post their shipments on your platform and get your business up and running.
Apart from that,
- Technology like Uber for shipping streamlines the load booking process.
- Moreover, it incorporates all the “touchpoints” between the carriers and shippers on to the platform.
- Everything can be done in the app – Price negotiation, bills of lading, Load’s ETA, and many more.
- From a regional start-up to a global reach, everything is possible with Uber for shipping application script.
- Most importantly the shippers can track their shipments in real-time that enhances the credibility factor of your business.
Regarding the shippers, they can be anyone – a business owner or a normal individual who wants to move something from one place to another. So, an application you develop should be for everyone! Well, we guess a platform like Uber for Shipping would be the ideal one.
How to develop an Uber for shipping?
If you’re looking to build an Uber for shipping app, then it’s imperative to hire an app development company. You have to convey your app idea and work closely with professionals to get a robust Uber-like application. However, before that, there are certain things to consider.
1) Decide the business model:
- Do you already own a logistics business with a fleet of trucks? Or
- You want to create an online marketplace that connects shippers with carriers.
Regardless of the business model, a platform like Uber for shipping comes with an automated freight-matching system.
2) Idea validation:
Upon deciding the business model, you have to conduct deep market research to confirm whether your application can sustain in the market.
Here is how you can conduct market research;
- Determine the purpose –validate the app idea.
- Look at the current state of the industry in your region.
- Identify target customers.
- Analyze the competitors.
- Analyze the obtained data.
- Put your analysis into action.
This part of launching an app like Uber is crucial as it ensures that all your investments and efforts won’t go in vain.
Must-Have Features – Uber for Shipping
Almost every on-demand app like Uber for Freight comes with a built-in rating system. Likewise, in your Uber-like app for shippers, allow the shippers to rate the truck drivers and vice-versa.
The rating system helps both parties to mention what went well and what didn’t!
Multiple payment options:
It’s vital to provide “options” to the shippers (customers). Yes, options in whatever they do in your app. However, regarding the payment, you can include payment modes like eWallet, cash, and card to make payments for the service.
Give the shippers the freedom of tracking their cargo whoever they want just through a few taps on the application. Well, this can be made possible by deploying GPS in the fleets or leveraging the driver’s mobile GPS.
So, what’s next? – uber for shipping
There are several factors to take into account while developing an app like Uber for shippers. So, chances are that you might get lost somewhere in the middle. However, with the help of the right team, you can develop an Uber for shipping that will be successful and nullify the logistics burden.
Well, why can’t we be that team?! Contact us for more information.